Priests and Mandir Land
In the records of Government maintained temples and the land attached with them, the name of collector has been registered as administrator, with the name of land owner who is idol itself. The details of priests working in such type of temples and Mandir land are as under:
- Number of temples – 12092
(A) Temples having up to 5 Acre Land - 4396
(B) Temples having more than 5 Acre Land – 2469
- To priests of these government maintained temples, the honorarium is being paid from 01/04/2003, in accordance with the terms and conditions given below:
- Who have not possessing land - An honorarium at the rate of Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred) per month to be paid to them.
- Who possessing up to 5 acre land - The honorarium to be paid them at the rate of Rs.350/- (Rupees Three hundred Fifty) per month, if the presently paying amount is more than Rs. 350/- then it will be continued.
- Possessing more than 5 acres and up to 10 acre land, the honorarium to be paid them at the rate of Rs. 260/- (Rupees Two Hundred Sixty) per month, if presently they are getting more than Rs. 260/- per month, then it will be continued.
- There is no separate honorarium will be paid to the priests of the temples possessing more than 10 acre land.